The berries are abundant. We have no yeast. It’s time for a quick, use any fruit, simple ingredient cobbler recipe! My husband bought me Genius Desserts a couple years ago, and I cracked it open last week for some inspiration. Inside was the life-changing Meme’s Blackberry Batter Cobbler. It is so easy and so versatile! You literally can use any fruit you have on hand. I made it with a blackberry-blueberry combo last week, but this time I could not resist the strawberries and rhubarb at the store…mmmm…tastes like summer!
- 1/2 c unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 4 cups fresh berries- I just filled a large measuring cup of what I wanted to try
- 1 cup sugar, plus more for berries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup heavy cream (use whole milk if you don’t have cream)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place berries in a large bowl. Sprinkle some sugar over top to get the juices running. You may want to mash them slightly with your spatula if they are very firm.
- Melt butter in a large cast iron skillet or ovenproof baking dish in the oven.
- In another large bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Add heavy cream/milk and vanilla extract; mix until well combined.
- Remove baking dish with melted butter from oven. Pour melted butter into flour mixture, and stir.
- Pour batter into baking dish and mound berries into center of batter- do not mix in or spread out.
- Transfer dish to oven and bake until top is golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the batter comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
Stay Safe and Cook On!
Other Posts in the Quarantine Series:
- Harissa, Gremolata, and Whole Roasted Fish
- Keto-Friendly Zucchini Rollatini
- Simple Sticky Buns
- Classic Posole
- Baking with Booze
- Easy Mu Shu Pork
- Easy Pasta & Meatballs
- Lime Berry Blast Scones
- One Pan Enchiladas Rojo
- One Pan Enchiladas Verde
- Guide to Professional Chefs social media cooking shows & Pantry Stockers
- Roasted Pork al’Diavolo with Rutabaga Mash
- Blueberry Lemon Scones
- Roasted Shrimp & Orzo Salad
- Easy Apple Cake
- Cookies & Curry in a Hurry
- Baking with Booze
- Best Caprese Salad Ever